It’s the place we all call home but how often do you think about the planet we live on? Earth Day encourages you to do just that! Starting in 1970, it is now an annual event celebrated around the world, with celebrity embassadors including Leonardo DiCaprio, Emma Watson, Matt Damon and Miley Cyrus.
Here are some simple things you can do to benefit the planet this Earth Day which is on 22 April –
- Take a hike! Spring is here so there are no excuses not to get strolling. It reconnects you with nature, and is good for both you and the enironment. Everyone’s happy!
2. Eat less meat – the meat industry generates one-fifth of man-made greenhouse gas emissions worldwide.
3. Stop using disposable plastic – help end our obsession with plastic and protect the environment. And if you do need to buy things in plastic packaging, make sure you recycle it!
4. Reduce your footprint – there are plenty of small things you can do each day to reduce your footprint. Switch off lights and gadgets when you’re not using them, don’t overfill your kettle when making a brew, put a lid on your pan when you’re cooking and put on an extra layer when your chilly instead of the heating. These tips will save you some pennies too!
5. Plant a tree – deforestation is responsible for up to 15% of global greenhouse gas emissions.
Let’s give Earth a brighter future.