If you want to park your car on campus then you’re going to need to apply for a parking permit. Not all students are eligible for a permit, and if you are and you’d like to apply then you have a specific time window to do so.
Details are below, or if you prefer you can download the parking application process as a PDF.
Applying for a University of Hull Parking Permit, including eligibility
- Permits will be issued on a first come, first served basis
- Only students living over eight miles from the University during term time will be eligible to apply
- Estates need to verify student’s term time addresses so will not be able to confirm if a student has been successful in their application until after they have registered (fully, not pre-registered)
- Temporary permits will no longer be issued to students unless for a change of vehicle registration
- During Welcome Week, we advise that students don’t drive onto campus and plan their travel in advance
- If students do need to drive onto campus, they can park in the Wilberforce car park (subject to spaces being available). The cost of parking in the car park is £1 for four hours or £2 for a full day. Wilberforce is a pay on foot, card only system. Spaces are not guaranteed, particularly after 9am during weekdays.
Timeframe for applications 2018/19
|20 August 2018||Student parking application on the online store opens for two weeks (ten working days).|
|31 August 2018||Parking application window closes|
(confirmation of outcome will not be sent at this stage)
|17 – 21 September 2018||Registration week.|
Confirmation will be emailed to students once they have registered for their course. Please note that confirmation from the online store is to notify that the application is received and does not mean the application has been successful.
(students won’t have a permit to park on campus at this time so will need to use alternative transport or the Wilberforce car park)
|Noon, 24 September 2018||Student parking permits will be ready to collect from AskHU|
(students should still pay on foot until they have collected their permit)
Blue Badge Holders
- Blue badge holders will be able to park on campus and will be given a Blue Badge holder permit. They will still need to register with Estates to enable us to monitor demand for disabled parking spaces. There is no charge for a parking permit for Blue Badge holders.
- During Welcome Week, Blue Badge holders can park anywhere on campus* without a University permit as long as they display their badge (*excluding the Wilberforce car park)
- A parking permit doesn’t guarantee a parking space on campus. Terms and conditions apply.
- Students who register late (for example in October) still need to apply for a permit within the application timeframe. These students will be able to pick up their permits once they have fully registered at the University.
If you have any questions about the parking permit application process for students, please contact us using firstname.lastname@example.org. One of our team will be happy to help.