Silver fish are harmless insects that love humidity and food left out to eat! They are actually fairly common in this country though and are nothing to worry about.
- They are nocturnal.
- They love carbohydrates, particularly sugar and starches.
- They inhabit moist areas, such as bathrooms and kitchens.
- Spiders are known to feed on silverfish.
How to avoid Silverfish:
- Make sure all food is sealed.
- Clean up excess water in bathrooms and kitchens, especially after a shower.
- Do not leave damp clothing or towels on the floor.
- Make sure you ventilate all rooms.
- Regularly vacuum rooms, especially any small holes or crevices.
If you see any silverfish in your room, do not panic, simply follow the steps above and they’ll soon grow tired of invading your home!