Feel like getting creative this festive season? Why not give some of our quick & easy recipes a go! These are delicious to enjoy yourself, or wrap them in cellophane & ribbon for a homemade, sweet present!
Microwave Boozy Fudge
- 400g golden caster sugar
- 397g condensed milk
- 140g salted butter, chopped into pieces
- 2tbsp the alcohol of your choice, coffee liqueur, amaretto or brandy work well!
- Grease & line a 20cm square baking tin. Put the sugar, condensed milk & butter in a large heatproof bowl, add a good pinch of salt & stir together.
- Heat the mixture in the microwave on high for 10 mins, stir every 2-3 mins, keep an eye on the mixture to make sure it does not overflow.
- Add the vanilla & your chosen alcohol to the mixture, whisk together & heat on high for another 2 mins. The mixture should have thickened & turned a caramel colour.
- Scrape the mixture into a tin & leave to cool for 45 mins – 1 hour, or until firm, cut the fudge & enjoy!
- 150g chocolate (choose your favourite), broken into chunks
- 10 fat white marshmallows
- White hundreds & thousands
- 10 sticks
- Gently melt the chocolate over a pan of simmering water
- Push a stick into each of the marshmallows. Stir the chocolate & check that it is melted completely. Tip the white sprinkles into a small bowl.
- Holding the end of a stick, dip a marshmallow into the chocolate so that it is completely coated. Lift it out and allow the excess to drip off, continue for each marshmallow then place them on a wire rack.
- Dip the chocolate coated marshmallows into the sprinkles.
- Leave the marshmallows to set.
These are delicious when eaten alone or when they are dipped in a mug of warm milk, use the marshmallow as a stirrer, until the chocolate has melted, delish!
- 200g chocolate (Choose your favourite!)
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 135g butter
- 100g marshmallows
- 200g digestive biscuits
- Place a heavy saucepan on a low heat, add the broken chocolate, golden syrup & the butter, stir constantly until the chocolate it melted.
- Break up the biscuits into small pieces. Add the biscuits and marshmallows to the chocolate & stir.
- Grease & line a medium sized baking tray.
- Pour the mixture into the tray & spread it evenly
- Put the mixture into the fridge & leave to chill for at lease 2 hours. Cut the rocky road into squares.
- 300g softened butter
- 140g golden caster sugar
- 300g plain flour
- 140g rice flour
- Place the butter & sugar into a food processor, mix until smooth. Put in both the flours & mix again until a dough is formed.
- Roughly spread out the mixture onto a 20x30cm baking tin & cover with cling film, smooth over until there are no wrinkles, place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees. Remove the cling film, lightly score the dough with a fork then bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Leave to cool in the tin, then cut into 24 thin slices.