We hope that everyone had an enjoyable Christmas and New Year break. We are looking forward to seeing many of you back in the gym and at classes to work off those Christmas excesses!
During the first week of the year the work on the pitches has continued and is currently ahead of schedule. The contractors have:-
- Completed the Multi-use games area (60×40 pitch) including the fencing works
- Had a site meeting to discuss drainage for the rugby pitch
- Had the 60×40 pitch inspected by Labosport 05.01.17
- Continued the ground works on the Rugby pitch
- Provided on-site training & instruction with University Staff for ALL pitches – maintenance/equipment and use 05.01.17
- Formally handed over the Hockey, Football and 60×40 pitches with paperwork completed 05.01.17
And finally, whilst there have been no health and safety incidents reported, the Contractors have made us aware that they have witnessed users from the full size football pitch climbing over the security fence to retrieve footballs. To prevent this from happening an extra security fence has been erected. There is now a safe walk-way to the 60×40 in place (which includes access to the boot mat prior to entry) and we would appreciate pitch users making use of the walk-way rather than attempting to climb fences.
The Contractors will continue with the ground works on the rugby pitch, in particular drainage.