It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas…we want to ensure your house and belongings are safe!
Whether you are going home for the holidays or staying here in Hull, we have written a few top tips on how to ensure your house and belongings remain safe over the Christmas period.
Have you registered your property on immobilise.com? Immobilise is a free online register, which allows you to register your property. This allows you to report it stolen or lost, and increases the chances of your property being found if unfortunately, it is stolen.
- Lock your door, even if you’re just popping down the corridor or someone else is in the flat.
- Don’t leave keys in locks for thieves to let themselves in.
- Don’t be complacent and leave windows open in empty rooms, even on the 1st floor as this can be used to gain entry.
- If you have a car, always keep it locked, even if you’re only leaving it for a few seconds.
- Do not let anyone into your building if you don’t know who they are.
- Make sure all your equipment is covered by insurance.
- Take your expensive/sentimental belongings with you, whether it’s for a weekend trip back home or if it’s during the holidays
Have a look at HUU’s Christmas tips https://studentservices.hull.ac.uk/induction/happy_holidays_2017.pdf