Being as it’s December and that means it’s nearly Christmas and all that, we decided we should probably get all festive and launch our annual Christmas competition. We even convinced Will to wear an elf hat. Look how much fun he’s having. You can virtually see the yuletide joy sparkling in his cold, dead eyes.
But we figure you lot can probably do better. I mean let’s be honest, you couldn’t do much worse, right? So all you have to do is send us a lovely Christmassy photo to be in with a chance of winning. Could be you in a Christmas hat; could be some great (or terrible) decorations you’ve seen; could be a pug pulling a sleigh. We really don’t mind.
The only rules are that it has to be Christmassy, and it has to be your own work. Then at the end we’ll choose our favourite (could be the one that makes us laugh most, the most beautiful, the one with the most kittens wearing antlers… Basically, go out there and get creative!).
‘What can I win,’ we hear you asking. ‘What exciting goodies does Santa have secreted in his sack for us?’
Well. If you’re the lucky winner, you’ll be taking three of your bestest friends to The Pantry for a delicious Christmas lunch (with Christmas pudding for, erm, pudding) all on us. It’ll just be like being home for Christmas but with people you actually like instead of your slightly racist uncle Ian and no one to judge you if you want to drink all the sherry in the afternoon.
Or If you really want you could have four Christmas lunches yourself, but as it all has to be on the same sitting there’s a fair chance you’d make yourself really sick if you tried that.
And all you have to do is take one measly picture. Or ten, you can enter as many times as you like. But you can only win once. Just send them to our Twitter, Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #BahHullbug. Go! Go now! The competition closes midnight on Sunday so you don’t have long…
Terms and Conditions
- All photos must be your own work
- You can enter by:
- Tweeting your photo to @hullunifoodie with the hashtag #BahHullbug
- Tagging @hullcampuslife in your photo on Instagram and using the hashtag #BahHullbug
- Posting your photo on the @hullunifoodieFacebook page
- The closing date is 12 midnight on Sunday 9 December
- You must be a current student at the University of Hull to enter (we may ask for ID if you win)
- We’ll contact the winner after the competition closes
- Christmas meals are served in The Pantry on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday
- Our decision is final