Become the University Netball Officer at the University of Hull
The purpose of the University Netball Officer is to increase participation in Netball through development and implementation at the University. No formal qualifications are required to complete the role although an interest and enthusiasm for Netball is definitely needed. Knowledge of coaching and/or officiating may be beneficial but is not essential.
The role is voluntary however we understand that you are here to study so the role is completely flexible, especially around exam periods and deadlines. However, we would hope that the successful candidate would be able to volunteer for on average approximately 4 – 5 hours per week. This could be assisting delivery, attending meetings, admin or planning.
There are so many benefits that you would receive as part of the role, but here are just a few…
- England Netball kit
- Equipment to carry out role
- Allocation of tickets to selected international and Super league games
- Marketing collateral provided to support the role
- Training opportunities e.g. coaching and officiating qualifications
- Opportunity to be part of a year-long, purposeful work experience opportunity
- Access to small funding pots to support delivery within the role
- References provided
- Support when applying for jobs in the future through the use of an ‘employable skills log’
Amazing eh? The role is beneficial in so many ways and can help ‘you’ stand out from the rest when applying for jobs after graduation.
If you would like to apply for the role, please email Sophie Johnson, Sports Experience Co-coordinator at S.Johnson5@hull.ac.uk with an expression of interest.