Barbecues should be safe and fun for everyone. Just don’t forget these golden rules!
- Make sure your barbecue is in good working order.
- Make sure your barbecue is on flat ground and at least 5 meters away from your accommodation, fences, trees and shrubs.
- Keep a bucket of water handy, just in case.
- When you’ve finished cooking, make sure the barbecue is cool before trying to move it.
- Empty ashes onto bare garden soil and NOT into dustbins or wheelie bins.
- Remember Barbecues should NEVER be lit inside!
Here’s hoping Hull gets sunny enough to have a Barbecue this summer!